Always ensure that you have the latest Dosh update. Click here to update your Dosh App. Dosh app links to any debit or credit card that is a Visa, MasterCard, or American Express. Other instances as to why you cannot link a credit card may be due to one of the following:
- Dosh app does not link to prepaid cards, department store cards, gift cards, Discover cards, or PayPal cards.
- The name on your Dosh profile is different from the name on your card. Please try to update your profile name to reflect the name on your card(s).
Once you’re finished with the profile update, try to link your cards again. If these instructions don’t resolve your issue please follow the next steps:
- Double-check that your card’s CVV is correct.
- Make sure to use the zip code that’s listed on your billing address. If you’ve recently moved, try your old zip code.
- Credit cards with the same account number cannot be linked to two different Dosh accounts (joint bank account). Since we can only pay out cash awards once on any transaction, we cannot support multiple Dosh accounts associated with the same credit card number. This includes any instance of a card with an authorized user—although the names on the cards may be different, if the card number is the same, it can only be associated with one Dosh account. Our recommendation is to reach out to your bank or the credit card company to see if you can get cards with separate numbers. This may work with some banks/credit card companies but not others.
Once you link your card(s), please allow a day or two to ensure your card(s) have been registered with Dosh. Otherwise, this may result in a no cash back instance.