There could be several reasons why a no cash back situation was not received for a Nearby Offer. The most common instances are as follows:
- You must make your purchase with a card that is linked to your Dosh wallet.
- If you're using your debit card, you must swipe it like a credit card (do not use your PIN #) to receive your cash back. Otherwise, the transaction goes directly to your bank and not the credit card companies that we’re linked with (Visa, MasterCard and American Express). This is a known “no cash back” instance in the industry and not isolated only to Dosh. We track your cash backs through your credit card transactions, not your bank transactions.
- You linked your credit card and immediately tried to use it for a Nearby Offer. Once you link your credit card, it usually takes about 24 hours to register with our credit card partners then you’ll receive cash back automatically.
- A merchant's credit card processing device will read the chip on the card and will force a debit card transaction, which we have no control over. You must send us an image of your receipt to receive cash back.
- The offer may not have been valid at the time of purchase.
- The offer may not be available to all the locations the business has.
- The credit card linked to your Dosh app may have expired.
- A merchant/business switches to a different credit card processor, and we’re unaware of this change. Once we’re aware of this issue, we work with the credit card companies to map the new credit card links to the business address and the offer.